Swimming to Cambodia
So, I am in Siem Reap now, the nearby town for Angkor Wat. It was a 14 hour journey from Bankok, which is ridiculous as the distance is not far at all. But the road is in a terrible state and mostly unmade. So it made for a dusty, bone-shaking ride.
Siem Reap is touristy, but fairly civilised and I'm in a very nice, clean hotel. I've been to the temple complexes these past two days on back of a motorbike taxi. I've been to a few historical sites in my time, but this has to be one of the most amazing!
Went to the privately-run Landmine Museum today, started up by a local who was forced into the Khmer Rouge army. An astonishing collection of mines and other ordnance that he has dug out of the ground, after probing about with a pointed stick.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home