tight Jodhpurs
So, it took a bit longer to leave Dharamsala than expected as the trains were all booked up, so we spent New Year there also.
We were out partying, playing the guitar (I got Auld Lang Syne chordsfrom the internet) etc till 4.30 am, so a good evening. I've been inlaid back mode with my fellow travellers - Ollie, Hugo, Sherrie and Melissa - and the five of us have now finally moved onto Jodhpur in Rajastan. Very nice, at the Cosy Hotel.
Yesterday it was wandering around the maze of twisty, narrow streets of the old city and then a long visit to the magnificent fort of Jodhpur. Today Melissa and I have been up on the roof of the Cosy Hotel doing our watercolour paintings of the fort and the blue houses of the old city laid beneath it. Good subject matter, but v. challenging in the amount of detail to be committed to paper. Apparently, the indigo paint that covers much of the old city wards off insects; maybe it works as I haven't seen many flies here.
Ollie and Hugo are feeling a bit under the weather, so we've postponed our plan to move onto Jaislemeer tomorrow.
It's certainly a different dynamic travelling as a group - consensusdecisions on what to do next, negotiation, not getting as much done as I would onmy own etc. Pros and cons - but overall I'm really enjoying myself, as this group are all really good company (they might be reading this, but I do mean that - no, really!! ;-) )
I'm having a great time travelling though I also have feelings attimes of missing something (along the lines of the protestant workethic etc). I had been writing an article on Dark Matter for Kindred Spirit magazine in Dharamsala. Slow going, but good to have got it under way and should have it finished soon, perhaps before leaving Rajastan
The mountains in the north of India were good, but I like having a warmer climate now and afterRajastan I'll probably head across India via the sights and a wildlifepark (Kanha) to the east coast beaches and Orissa state. I don't know if the others will be going that way.......
All for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home