fed up in Pushkar
Been feeling fed up today (Friday the 13th). "What's all this travelling lark about, anyway?" etc etc A sense of the momentum grinding to a halt and wistful visions of aircraft and airports assailing my imagination as I lay on the hotel room bed gazing up at the ceiling.
I've been intending to finish off the Dark Matter article for Kindred Spirit magazine here in Pushka, but it's been slow going in this mood.
Oh well, energy lows aren't new to me. They normally happen in the depths of the winter at home, so I'm getting off lightly here; wandering about in T-shirt and shorts.
Part of the problem, I think, is that the way ahead looks like a real trial. My travel options have narrowed :-
1) possible freighter across the Indian Ocean from India to Malaysia/Thailand, but no sign of this from my enquiries so far
2) land crossing from India through Burma to Thailand is impossible as the only way into Burma is by flying
3) possibility to go up thru Nepal, Tibet, China, Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia and to Thailand. But it looks like a long bloody way (esp. China part) and not sure I'm interested in the ordeal
4) go by ship to the Andaman Islands, but how to get to Thailand from there?
Oh, well, worse things happen at sea. Umm, that's where I might be going......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home